YouTube Hannah Forcier didn’t plan to get a buzz cut, like many celebs have this year. It was completely accidental.
Due to a relaxer disaster, as I’ll call it, all of her hair completely broke off at the root. In a recent video titled “how all my hair fell out by making one mistake: story time,” Forcier shared her unexpected experience, and it quickly went viral. Almost five million people have watched as Forcier broke down in tears as she experienced every step associated with hair fallout.
Before the ordeal, Forcier had a bleached her shoulder-length bob, which she often dyed pink. “My hair is naturally curly, and I would straighten my hair every day to get it to look how I liked,” she tells Allure. To avoid having to do so on a daily basis and further damaging her hair with hot tools, Forcier decided to buy a relaxer from the drugstore. (She decided not to reveal the exact product name.) “I truly thought I was doing the best thing for my hair,” she adds. At the time, she didn’t register the fact that her hair was already in a fragile state due to bleaching and dyeing, and relaxer can be similarly aggressive on hair.